We recently completed a Celestica case study entitled Dramatic Gains in Order Promise Efficiency and Responsiveness. As any vendor will tell you, sometimes good customer case studies are hard to come by, so it is with both great pride and appreciation that we are able to tell the Celestica story. I’ve included the highlights below: The Goals With a global manufacturing footprint and inherently complex supply chains, Celestica sought an opportunity to:
- standardize and optimize available-to-promise and clear-to-build capabilities across operations
- facilitate the speed and effectiveness of how each site communicates with each other
- improve responsiveness to the customers with clear and complete answers
- Realized a 15% gain in efficiency of supply chain planning functions. E.g. ◦ Reduced clear-to-build assessments from up to 2 days to less than 1 hour ◦ Eliminated the need for shortage reporting work, which averaged 4 hours a days
- Freed planners’ time to do more value added activities
- Sustained or improved on time delivery performance
It is companies like Celestica that we feel so fortunate to call customers. Sharing the vision and supporting the leading edge practices of our customers is ultimately the fuel of our success.