Relevant work experience is more important than ever when looking for that first full-time job after graduation. Co-Op placements and internships can provide that bridge between post-secondary education and the work world.
Here at Kinaxis, we have a variety of Co-Op/Internships where students and recent graduates have a chance to gain meaningful work experience for their future careers.
A Co-Op placement/Internship is a short-term work assignment where a student gets the chance to work on real-life problems using the knowledge that they have gained in their classroom studies. Some of the benefits of a Co-Op/Intern placement are:
- Gaining real-life paid work experience
- Building skills for the future
- Improving soft skills like job-search skills, interviewing, networking, communication, etc.
- Meeting subject matter experts in your field of interest.
The Co-Op/Intern Program also brings a lot of positive outcomes to our company as a whole. Our Kinaxis hiring managers gain many benefits, including:
- Getting assistance on existing projects
- Co-Op/Interns provide a fresh perspective on solutions to problems
- Provides current team members leadership/mentorship opportunities to the Co-Op/Interns
- Having help from students allows managers to work on projects that they might not necessarily have the time for otherwise.
How can you get a Co-Op placement/Internship at Kinaxis?
At Kinaxis we have 3 semesters: Winter, Summer, and Fall. We recruit students across North America. In terms of timelines, we begin recruitment for Co-Op/Interns four months prior to the start date.
|Winter (January - April)
|Late August - Early September
|Summer (May - August)
|Late December - Early January
|Fall (September - December)
|Late April - Early May
Kinaxis offers placements with lengths of four months, eight months, 12 months, and 16 months. We offer remote, in-office, and hybrid work locations. Many of our in-office roles are based in our brand-new HQ in Kanata, ON.
Kinaxis offers placements in a variety of departments. Each semester we post the following roles:
- Machine Learning Developers
- Back-End & Front-End Developers
- Test Developers
- Data Analysts
- Visual Designers
- Systems Administrators
- Technical Support Analysts
- Sales Operations Coordinators
- Additional roles in HR, Finance, Marketing, Strategy, and more!
It's easy to apply and get started
Here's how it all comes together from the start:
All of Kinaxis’ Co-Op/Intern role are posted on our Kinaxis Careers page.
Students apply for roles → Hiring managers review and select applicants for interviews → Successful candidates are selected → HR makes an offer to the student → Students accept the offers → Onboarding process commences!
Once a student begins their work placement, they are paired with a buddy. A buddy is a team member who’s there to answer any questions they may have while they get comfortable at Kinaxis. Kinaxis also offers many additional opportunities to get connected with your co-workers:
- Co-Op/Intern social groups
- Co-Op/Intern-specific MS Teams channels
- LinkedIn Learning & mentorship
- Co-Op/Intern workshops
- Employee Resource Groups
- Company fitness breaks
Ready to learn more about our exciting Kinaxis Co-Op/Intern program? Please contact me, Jody Hisko, at jhisko [at] kinaxis [dot] com or connect with me on LinkedIn.
We hope that our Co-Op/Intern students become full time employees when their schooling is completed. We will soon post some testimonials from current full-time employees who are graduates of our Co-Op/Intern program. Stay tuned!