- Kinaxis named one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People and one of the National Capital Region's Top Employers
- Commitment to employee growth, strong culture and community support highlighted as reasons for recognition
OTTAWA, ON, Feb. 9, 2021 /CNW/ - Kinaxis® Inc. (TSX: KXS), the authority in driving agility for fast, confident decision-making in an unpredictable world, has been recognized as a top company to grow a career based on its investment in employees and culture. The company has been named one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People and one of the National Capital Region's Top Employers as a result of editorial competitions held by the Canada's Top 100 Employers project.
As a leader in supply chain planning since 1984, Kinaxis has been committed to providing its employees with an innovative work environment that is committed to supporting them not only in their careers, but in their personal growth. Central to this commitment is the company's core value that people matter here—a value that permeates both the company's technology and its culture. Kinaxis delivers on this value by focusing heavily on:
- Delivering a comprehensive employee experience – from a formal peer-to-peer program called #HighFive that provides employees with redeemable points each year that can be awarded to colleagues in recognition of their achievements, to wellness-focused events headed up by the company's Employee Experience Specialist who supports employees' mental and physical health, Kinaxis is committed to supporting its employees' overall wellbeing.
- Supporting the community – as a longstanding member of the Ottawa community, Kinaxis supports a variety of charitable organizations each year and encourages employees to get involved—both with non-profits that Kinaxis supports and those that are important to the employee personally—with up to four paid days to volunteer and by matching employee donations.
- Creating a flexible environment – with a flexible vacation policy, remote work options (even before COVID-19), in-house training/certification programs and co-op placements that allow employees to explore what's of interest to them, Kinaxis lets employees create a work environment that works for their specific needs.
- Committing to diversity – Kinaxis believes that diversity is key to innovation and works hard to hire employees of all backgrounds, including those that are neurodivergent. Through its Autism@Work program, Kinaxis commits to having 1% of its workforce comprised of people with autism—a goal the company has met or exceeded each year since the program went into effect in 2016. Kinaxis has a number of programs in place to promote diversity initiatives that span gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, geographic representation, Indigenous status and ethnicity, and spearheaded by the company's DEI Committee. In a 2020 survey, 41% of employees at the Kinaxis head office in Ottawa, Ontario identify themselves as visible minorities, and the company's board is made up of 38% women. For more information on Kinaxis diversity and inclusion, see the company's Environmental, Social and Governance Performance report.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kinaxis expanded its support to provide even more tools to employees and the community. The company has implemented a variety of mental and physical health and wellness programs to support employees across the globe and has doubled its counseling-focused benefit to ensure employees have access to outside tools that support their wellness, too. Most recently, the company implemented "Kinaxis Days," where the organization takes the last Friday of each month off paid as a way to allow all employees to unplug and recharge.
Kinaxis has also reconfirmed its commitment to its community with the launch of Kinaxis InConcert, a program run in partnership with the Canadian Live Music Association to sponsor approximately 30 concerts that will be live streamed from stages across Canada. The company also hosted its own #TakeoutChallenge, allowing every employee and their family to purchase dinner from a local restaurant, paid for by Kinaxis, as a way of showing support for industries especially hard hit by the pandemic.
"As the supply chain industry has gone through a period of unprecedented disruption in the past year, so have our employees. In response to this disruption, Kinaxis is committed to our employees and our community as we all work to navigate this new world," said Megan Paterson, Chief Human Resources Officer, Kinaxis. "Supporting both our employees and our community has been a focus for us for the past 35 years, and it has been especially important in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are honored to have been selected for these awards and look forward to continuing to do all we can to help our employees, the Ottawa community, and each community in which we work, grow and thrive."
For more information on Kinaxis careers, including open positions, visit kinaxis.com/careers.
About Kinaxis Inc.
Everyday volatility and uncertainty demand quick action. Kinaxis® delivers the agility to make fast, confident decisions across integrated business planning and the digital supply chain. People can plan better, live better and change the world. Trusted by innovative brands, we combine human intelligence with AI and concurrent planning to help companies plan for any future, monitor risks and opportunities and respond at the pace of change. Powered by an extensible, cloud-based platform, Kinaxis delivers industry-proven applications so everyone can know sooner, act faster and remove waste. For more Kinaxis news, visit Kinaxis.com or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Certain statements in this release constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements include statements as to Kinaxis' growth opportunities and the potential benefits of, and demand for, Kinaxis' products and services. These statements are subject to certain assumptions, risks and uncertainties, including our view of the relative position of Kinaxis' products and services compared to competitive offerings in the industry. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such statements. Kinaxis' actual results, performance, achievements and developments may differ materially from the results, performance, achievements or developments expressed or implied by such statements. Risk factors that may cause the actual results, performance, achievements or developments of Kinaxis to differ materially from the results, performance, achievements or developments expressed or implied by such statements can be found in the public documents filed by Kinaxis with Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Kinaxis assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as expressly required by law.
SOURCE Kinaxis Inc.