Top 10 supply chain jokes. Apologies in advance if you find this offensive. I do believe there is value in forecasting...
- What do you get if you play a supply chain country song backwards? You get your revenue back, you get your margin back, you get your on-time deliver back…
- How many supply chain planners does it take to change a light bulb? None, the light bulbs are late.
- What’s the difference between Bigfoot and an accurate forecast? Bigfoot has been sighted.
- What does the supply chain matador fear the most? The Bullwhip effect.*
- Why is it a bad idea to invite a logistics manager to dinner? They'll spend too much time deciding which person will pass the salt fastest.*
- The easiest way to find that missing inventory is to place a new PO.
- Demand forecasters are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
- Employer: “For this buyer’s job, we need someone who is responsible.” Applicant: “I’m the one you want. In my last procurement job, every time there was a problem, they said I was responsible.”
- If you’re a supplier and you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of delivery dates.
- There are two theories to getting an accurate forecast. Neither one works.
* Thanks to colleagues Rhydian Smith and Michaela Walker for their contributions.