Minimize shortages with powerful distribution planning
Distribution requirements planning is a powerful way to minimize shortages, reduce transportation and inventory costs, and improve customer service. But to do any of those things, your planners first need to be able to coordinate and synchronize numerous data elements across multiple locations.
Kinaxis gives supply chain planning professionals the tools and insights they need to plan for the future, mitigate problems and collaborate efficiently.
Supply chain distribution planning – down to all the right details
Kinaxis Distribution Requirements Planning gives you everything you need to plan inventory replenishment at the detailed part level so you can instantly identify the right way to balance customer satisfaction and costs. Generate near-term plans, usually two to six weeks in duration, in daily or weekly increments to drive dependent demand or get the supply you need into the distribution network. Manage distribution requirements planning concurrently with master production scheduling, order fulfillment and supply action management for maximum accuracy and effectiveness.
Improved outcomes for your business
- Balance customer service and the cost of distribution in complex networks
- Develop distribution plans faster and more accurately, reconciled with material availability
- Identify the operational and financial impact of demand and supply misalignments early on
- Make faster, more cost-effective decisions through cross-functional adaptive collaboration
- Make smart trade-offs to balance supply, demand and inventory risks
- Push or pull supply distribution according to demand signals to reflect network limitations
Workflow Process Components
While every company’s supply chain is unique, certain best practices still apply. Our workflow process templates help you get started fast, while offering the flexibility and personalization you need to meet your goals.
What’s next on your supply chain journey?
You can achieve significant added benefits by using Kinaxis Distribution Requirements Planning with one or more related solutions to ensure synchronization across planning processes.